In fact, they can change your life.
There are two seemingly innocuous words in Ephesians 2 that can go unnoticed, yet are so profound. They are...
Paul is comparing life BEFORE Jesus and AFTER Jesus. He lists the extraordinary blessings of life AFTER coming to faith in Jesus by His grace (Ephesians 2:8-10). In this message I try to show the listener how much profoundly better life is AFTER we follow Jesus than it is BEFORE.
I trust that the Lord will speak to you in this message. Let me know what you think!
God bless, Kirk
Two Life-Changing Words: “But Now”
Ephesians 2:13 – “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.”
** Before Jesus, we were:
Ephesians 2:12 – “Remember that at that time [i.e.: before you were saved by Grace] you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope andwithout God in the world.”
· ...“Separate from Christ”...as such, we are enemies
· ...“Excluded from Citizenship”…as such, we are homeless
· ... “Foreigners to the Covenant”…as such, we are alien
· ... “Without Hope”…as such, we are drifting
** “But Now…”, in Jesus we are:
· ... at peace with God (complete) – See Ephesians 2:14
Romans 5:1 – Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
· ... reconciled (Transformation) – See Ephesians 2:15b-16
2 Corinthians 5:19 – God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them.
· ... citizens (adoption) – See Ephesians 2:19
Romans 8:23b – We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us.
· ...Tabernacles (sanctification) – See Ephesians 2:22
1 Corinthians 6:19 – Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.