How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news,
the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!
For the Lord will go ahead of you; yes, the God of Israel will protect you from behind.
See, my servant will prosper; he will be highly exalted.
Isaiah 52:7, 12b-13
One of the advantages to being home alone on New Years Eve is the luxury of spending some special time with the Lord. With Dawn in CA visiting Kylie, and Jason and Kendra in Tallahassee because that is where their lives are...yet sticking with the tradition of spending New Years Eve with the one(s) you love, it has been a special night being alone with the One I love who
loves me more.
loves me more.
So...as we enter another year, a simple thought inspired by Isaiah.
Our God is God of the Past…
- he has blessed us with all we need, proving himself gracious,
- he has always been with us, proving himself faithful,
- he has made us right for a blessed future, proving himself loving.
Our God is God of the Present…
- he stands beside me today, proving himself present,
- he opens doors to bring meaning to today, proving himself purposeful,
- he looks forward to seeing me today, proving himself engaged.
Our God is God of the future…
- he will go ahead of us to prepare a prosperous way, proving himself generous,
- he will protect us no matter the circumstance, proving himself powerful,
- he will be ready to receive our worship, proving himself Almighty.
Not that God needs to prove himself to me...you know what I'm saying. But as we enter another year, I am grateful for my God who invites me to call him Father even as he calls me son. Is there any description of this other than…GOOD NEWS!
And this is why I can say "Happy New Year!"